[Sca-cooks] OP - roast beef accompaniment

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 22 09:45:30 PST 2009

* grin*
"Brown mustard made up with clear vinegar/ is also good." (Thank you
GwenCat) this goes over well with Roast Beef in our house.

No, really, grind some brown mustard seed and add white wine vinegar.
YUM.

I also like the cinnamon mustard from  The Viandier of Taillevent (13th
century), translated by Terence Scully:
Take mustard, red wine, cinnamon powder and enough sugar, and let
everything steep together. It should be thick like cinnamon. It is good
for any roast.
Credit: The Viandier of Taillevent, edited by Terence Scully. (Ottawa:
University of Ottawa Press, 1988)

But that won't work for you.

We discovered a cool sauce that my horseradish-reactive Dear One likes:
Nip'n'tang-- fruited horseradish sauce.
http://www.nipntang.com/
We like it so much we'll probably buy some at full price when our discount
store jars run out.
Sarah was resistant to the idea when I saw it in the discount store, but
after we tried it on pork, chicken and beef, she ended up taking the end
of one jar into work with her!