[Sca-cooks] Date for Spanish Garlic Soup?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 06:56:58 PST 2009

James Peterson has a recipe for "Garlic Soup with Poached Eggs"
that is listed as being Spanish. It's in his 2007 book Cooking.
This description matches a modern garlic soup that turns up in modern
travel books as sopa castellana or even Sopa de ajo.
You might search under those for more modern recipes to see if they give
any history.

Johnnae