[Sca-cooks] pickled brisket

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:21:27 PST 2009

I'm not sure I would trust a wet cure like this to be good for any length of
time outside of an ability to keep it cool.

Dry cures would work better  (I'm thinking maybe gravlax with is drycurred
with salt)

If you wanted to bring it to Pennsic I would keep it in the brine and dig a
pit to put the brine bucket in to keep it cool - I wouldn't  hold on to it
more than a day though.  Have a feast - enjoy it and don't worry about any
leftovers.

My major concern is food born illness (back to the sodium nitrite
discussion!)