[Sca-cooks] Lentils, lentils everywhere....

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 22:17:54 PST 2009

This recipe is in Claudia Roden's Middle Eastern Cooking, but I found it on
line as well.  The caramelized onions make it fantastic.
The small black ones you've got are probably French Green Lentils, they hold
their shape and stay a bit firm, giving you a 'tooth' sensation.  The red
ones turn a khaki color and mush pretty quickly, they generally only require
about 20 minutes to cook.
Enjoy!
Christianna

Megadarra (Brown Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions)
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&reci
pe_id=226714