[Sca-cooks] Semi-OT: Help! Lost text!

Sydney Walker Freedman freedmas at stolaf.edu
Tue Jan 27 11:48:19 PST 2009

Greetings!

I just sent a post, but I don't think it went through.  For some
reason, it was neither in my sent items nor in my inbox as a message
to the list.  If you get this twice, I apologize.

Anyway, I'm looking for references to using the paternoster to measure
cooking time between the years 1150-1260.  I thought there was one in
the ca. 1250 version of the Viandier, but the online text is gone.
Could someone direct me to that text, and does anyone know of any
other references within the stated time period?  Thanks!

Pax Christi,
Lady Cecilia de Cambrige