[Sca-cooks] New year in other cultures

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jan 1 09:02:30 PST 2009

Well, I thought this year, I'd take a page from your book, Adamantius,
and celebrate the New Year (American) by cleaning house. It's not that
it's a horrible mess, just rather lived-in looking, but it was good
excuse to change the bed, empty the trash, sweep and vacuum, clean the
bird cage and cat pan, and generally pick up around the place. Even
got some snow shovelling in, since we had a few inches of the white
stuff arrive ;-) Kinda nice to wake up on New Year'sDay, and not have
to make a mental note to do all those little chores ;-)

Of course, next project is to figure out where to put a bunch of stuff
away at. Still not entirely sure where I want to put things- hoping I
could get a couple sheets of plywood and a couple 4X4s, and build some
under bed storage.

But, back to food, we went mostly Tex-Mex. Avocados, devilled eggs,
chimichangas, burritos, jalepeno poppers, and ribs. We were supposed
to have some friends over, but the weather was a bit more than they
wanted to drive in.

Ah, well, lots of tastyleftovers ;-)