[Sca-cooks] Rice and servings

Greg Wardlaw rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 14:32:56 PST 2009

Ok I cooked rice just the other day and pretty much fed 150-175 with 3 quarts (dry) white rice.   Now granted these were kids but we serve them just under 1/2 cup and I serve 10 kids per quart (cooked rice)  that equals out to 8 adult servings.....I don't know if that helps but I would estimate that it was about 6-8 lbs of rice....

My yield for those 3 quarts was about 24  quarts cooked.  There was some left but not much.
Good luck,
Nichola