[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars BBQ competition - sigh

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:38:22 PST 2009

> or ... you could ... as Judge (and cooking Laurel, and/or as King ) ... suggest that all entries include basic documentation (food network fodder), and be of period sources (MORE food network fodder).>

<Snort!> Yeah, THAT would go over well...
 > It is GOOD to be da king .... no?
RHIP

(Rank Has Its Problems)

I think I may let the organizers know of my misgivings to this endeavor and request
at least a period category be created.

I have no idea how solid the Food Network thing is. Probably just someone wrote to
them telling them how cool it would be for them to show up and a courteous "Maybe,
we'll think about it." form letter was received. I dunno.

I would love for Food Network to come to some event where a good period cook
was cooking a feast or something focusing on those of us who make an effort to
create a correct period meal using period techniques.
But a bbq competition? They have enough shows about REAL bbq competitions so
that anything shown at Gulf Wars would just be amusing "See how it even infiltrates
the weirdos" 5 minute filler.

I will support them, as this is already evidentally a done deal. I may try to guide some
to at least make an attempt at period. But it is also my duty to my people to support
them and I will do so.
> Ta> > Malkin
Gunthar