[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars BBQ competition - sigh

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 19:08:29 PST 2009

<< Is there even a remote way to justify bbq as "period-oid"? Then
again, to
me, Food's new show "Chopped" really feels like siege cooking... >>

The closest I think is probably carbonadoes.
Carbonadoes-art   (14K)  6/19/97    "Carbonadoes" by Adamantius. A
medieval
                                        "barbecued" meat dish.
carbonadoes-msg   (38K) 12/22/08    Broiling meat on a gridiron
previously
                                        slashed to increase the
cooking speed.
(Florilegium FOOD-MEATS section)

But I'm sure that many (most?) folks are going to come up with
something far different from this because of the way the rules are
written and the ways they are used to cooking "bbq".

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com