[Sca-cooks] More on Jai/Buddhist Delight, was, Re: OOP: Tentative Lunar New Year Menu

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Jan 20 21:50:00 PST 2009

I didn't say Buddhists were barred from eating meat or fish. I said that
Buddhist/Buddha's Delight usually is a vegetarian dish. That it is a
Buddhist tradition to not eat meat, fish or poultry during the first five
days of the new year (for cleansing of the body) and therefore
Buddha's/Buddhist delight is recommended which implies that there isn't
seafood in it when eaten on one of those five days.
Reading the wikipedia article it has the quail eggs, shrimp, and dried
oysters as less commonly used which would indicate that the vegen recipe is
more common.

De