[Sca-cooks] Martino recipe

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 13:10:08 PST 2009

I really like Martino.  I just tried his Dried Pies Made with Whole Fish on p.89.
I bought a 1.75 pound tilapia, had the store behead and clean it.  (Yes, I know Martino never met a tilapia, but it was small enough for experimentation purposes.)

At home I filletted cut the two sides away from the spine, made a piecrust.  I used dried parsley flakes, powdered marjoram and thyme under, between, and over the fish.  Folded over the piecrust, and baked at 350 for one hour.

It came out beautifully, and tastes pretty good, even at room temperature.

A question for those of you more familiar with Martino: What spices should I have used?

Cordelia Toser