[Sca-cooks] peacocks

avrealtor at prodigy.net avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sun Jan 25 13:53:36 PST 2009

There is a peafowl breeder who lives next to my sister in law.  The have maybe 10 birds currently.  They raise them for mostly ornamental reason but they have said that a few have been bought as food.  As far as they have ever been told by the county, eating the birds  is not illegal.

In general I think that the prohibitions on peafowl are set forth for the feral populations of the various cities where they roam.  A privately owner bird would not be covered.

-Muiriath