[Sca-cooks] Freezing pom seeds, was newbee cook...

Susan Lin Shoshanna at caergalen.org
Mon Jun 8 06:54:20 PDT 2009

It also makes for some interesting items in the freezer!  I wanted rutabegas
for Mid-Winter but the farmer's market ended in November so I bought them,
par boiled them and froze them - worked out wonderfully well.

Also berries, the trick is to freeze them on a flat sheet first and then bag
or box them - otherwise you'll likely get a big lump.  They may not be as
firm fresh as the day you picked them but they're still very good to use.

-S