[Sca-cooks] Dutch Oven Cooking - OOP

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:14:52 PDT 2009

I always put what I'm baking in a dish or tin anyway, because those are easier to clean than the oven.  And the baking time ought to be faster than a modern oven (although not dramatically so) because the temperature is more constant.  Also, he may want to get a piece of tile or slate to put under the oven, since that will hold the heat better than plain old dirt.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!
This is very good advice.