[Sca-cooks] possible-or not-oop question

Marcha nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 28 16:19:26 PDT 2009

As I was preparing dinner today, I wondered if the dish was period.  Our family has always called this dish "German Tamales" and it is cabbage rolls.  Ours are prepared with raw hamburger meat, uncooked long grain white rice, egg, breadcrumbs, and finely chopped onions and seasoned with salt and pepper. The meat mixture is then stuffed into softened cabbage leafs. Here our recipe differs from others I have read.  We layer them with sauerkraut and onions.  Then they are either baked in the oven or cooked on top of the stove.  They are an absolute family favorite for nearly eighty years. (My Maternal Grandmother taught me how to make them.)

My question is: "Are they in any way, shape, or form period?".

I eagerly await your expert opinions,

Bertha