[Sca-cooks] Whoopie whatever

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 19 12:16:17 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
Actually, I think we're going to see a resurgence of All Things Maine
this summer, and lobster rolls and Whoopie Pies (if only by adoption,
it's become sort of the Maine State Dessert) are going to be
considered chic.

Adamantius  > > > >

Heck, even Emeril Legasse was ahead of this curve.  He had them on a show a
good while back.  I just checked the FoodTV recipe bank, and it was in 2002!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/whoopie-pie-recipe/index.h
tml

He was heavy into New England stuff back then, but it wasn't "high cusine"
even when he did it.

Now, lobster rolls have every reason to come around . . . I think Crawfish
rolls would make a decent local variant for West Georgia.  Need some celery,
mayo and crawfish tails.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco

(I'm getting the feeling that those 25-cent Little Debbie cakes called
"Fudge Round" and "Oatmeal Pie" are just variants on this theme . . .
hmmmmmm)