[Sca-cooks] Research on Period Chocolate

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Mar 10 04:55:33 PDT 2009

Antonio Colomenero de Ledesma's Curioso.... was translated and published
in English in 1640.

Colmenero de Ledesma, Antonio.
A curious treatise of the nature and quality of chocolate. VVritten in
Spanish by Antonio Colmenero, doctor in physicke and chirurgery. And put
into English by Don Diego de Vades-forte.
Publication Info: Imprinted at London : By I. Okes, dwelling in Little
St. Bartholomewes, 1640.

It's part of EEBO and EEBO-TCP. There are also two later editions in EEBO.

Johnnae