[Sca-cooks] crisping birds

Mark S. Harris MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
Wed May 6 00:31:29 PDT 2009

Brighid ni Chiarain said:

<<< I'll take the liberty of replying, since a quick check shows that
it's
from my translation of de Nola.
Recipe #42

ALMODROTE (31)  WHICH IS CAPIROTADA (32)
       ALMODROTE QUE ES CAPIROTADA

You shall take partridges and after they have been well-plucked, put
them between the embers; and when they have been there for the space
of a Paternoster (33), take them out and ... >>>

Thank you. Unless this is one that has been mentioned before, this
gives an additional example, and two with the ones mentioned in the
footnotes, of recipes using prayers as timing devices.

Questions about this type of timing come up periodically, so I'll be
adding this to this Florilegium file where I am trying to catalog
these for those who might be interested in the future.

rec-tim-pray-msg  (22K)  8/29/08  Period recipes using prayers for
timing.

Stefan
======
Mark S. Harris
Electronics Engineer, Board and Systems Design
MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris