[Sca-cooks] sweet woodruff

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Sun May 10 02:18:47 PDT 2009

Hello Christianna,

Does it have the sweet aromatic scent charactaristic to woodruff?
If yes, I would try it, maybe take a little more than you would from a fresh plant.

I did collect mine in the woods just a week ago (and froze it), by now it will be in full bloom and no longer usable for drinks. But in Austria we are priviledged to have woods, still full of lots of wild herbs; And Spring is not only the season of woodruff, but also of violet, wild garlic [Allium ursinum], cowslip, lungwort, yarrow, just to name a few.

Katharina