[Sca-cooks] Recall on spices and food safety

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat May 16 12:49:04 PDT 2009

I suspect that we are going to see more testing and protocols under
this administration. In California you could monitor the Public Health
webpages
where they provide a list of food recalls at
http://ww2.cdph.ca.gov/HealthInfo/Pages/fdbFr.aspx
I know that with your current budget crisis, this may suffer some in the
next few months
as people are laid off and furloughed from state government.

As to a solution, I still think Irradiation of spices might provide the
answer for spice imports in the long run.

Johnnae