[Sca-cooks] Cooking over an Open Fire

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed May 20 18:03:01 PDT 2009

It's Wednesday which means it's time for the New York Times food section.
Today the lead article is "Grilling Over Wood as a Sweaty, Smoky Sport"
which includes this paragraph--
"Not quite. If we were in Argentina, I would draft my friends to help me
grill a whole cow, which is one of the recipes in “Seven Fires: Grilling
the Argentine Way” (Artisan, 2009) by Francis Mallmann, the chef and
owner of Patagonia Sur, the celebrated Buenos Aires restaurant, and
Peter Kaminsky, the Brooklyn-based writer. (The first ingredient is “1
medium cow, about 1,400 pounds, butterflied, skin removed.”)"

So looks like another book to buy...

Article is at http://www.nytimes.com and includes lots of photos.
There's even a section devoted now to grilling recipes on the NYT website.

Johnnae