[Sca-cooks] Bread Question from someone not on this list

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 28 18:56:01 PDT 2009

Deborah Hammons wrote:

>This came from our Outlands list.  I asked her what kind of bread, and how
>large the loaf.  But I think it might bake but be dry without a water source
>in the oven.
>
>=============================================================================
>I am working on an idea for baking bread and here is what I am wondering-
>
>My heat source can only go up to 320 degrees and not 350.  IF the bread has
>been proofed and is ready to go, will the bread still bake properly but only
>take longer?
>
>What are your thoughts on this-

I think it will come out a bit denser, as well, due to less steam
leavening happening at a lower temperature.  Even 350F is a fairly low
temperature for bread baking.

Does she mention what her heat source is and why the maximum temperature
would be only 320F?

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,