[Sca-cooks] OT / OOP - mystery object

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:00:32 PDT 2009

That looks a lot like an old veterinary retractor.  They would have people
hold the sides of the cow open to do cesarean sections if they got to the
cow in time.  I was trying to find a pic of one online but I was unnerving
my
co-workers by looking at medical instruments online...

Cadoc

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM, <edoard at medievalcookery.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> My dad has this unusual object on his office desk.  It's some sort of
> stainless steel hand tool - possibly farm related.  None of us in the
> family (including him) can figure out what it is, and not knowing has
> been bugging me for years.
>
> I've finally managed to get (crappy) pictures of the thing up online ...
>
> http://medievalcookery.blogspot.com/2009/05/modern-mystery.html
>
> Anyone here have any ideas?
>
> - Doc

                                   - William Gibson