[Sca-cooks] Bathing - was Spices in meals: a thought and a question

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sat May 2 07:23:55 PDT 2009

While total body immersion bathing was likely not done on purpose (falling into the pond would COULD be considered bathing by accident  I suppose), people did take the equivilent of what my grandmother called a 'whore's bath'; washing with a cloth and water.  The water used for bathing was scented, which would make your neighbor more pleasant to be closer than 20 ft away from.  The idea that people were dirty and stinky is just NOT accurate.

Cheers

Malkin

Otherhill

Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.