[Sca-cooks] A digression on the Rochester Garbage Plate

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri May 8 07:42:43 PDT 2009

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Selene commented:
>
> <<< My dad weirded out a bit when I ordered a nice Japanese udon
> breakfast
> the last time we flew together.  Perfectly ordinary.  In my life
> anyway. >>>
>
> What's an "udon breakfast"? I seem to remember "udon" is a thin, pale
> Japanese soup but don't remember more than that, and that may not have
> any connection to this anyway.
>
> Thanks,
Udon are long thick noodles, usually served in soup, with lots of Stuff
in. The Stuff varies.  Usually lots of veggies and some kind of protein,
like egg, BBQ pork or "fish cake" [nicer than it sounds,
chopped/formed/sliced seafood, related to imitation crab really].  Very
substantial foundation for a busy working day!

Selene