[Sca-cooks] A digression on the Rochester Garbage Plate

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:53:39 PDT 2009

Actually, I've loved sushi, at any time of day, and remember that the
English sometimes serve kippers for breakfast.

I mean, I'm half-awake, and wanting to eat something light with protein and
a bunch of B-vitamins that assist in concentration?  DUH.  My body doesn't
slow down after sushi the way it does after a huge influx of sausages or
bacon or steak....sushi is perfect tournament food, I find, for those who
like athletic tournaments.....enough starch, enough protein, and those
aforementioned B-vitamins....yum!

I like it with a little milk.....1%.  And then, I'm all, "KOWABUNGA!"

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> Selene commented:
>>
>> <<< My dad weirded out a bit when I ordered a nice Japanese udon breakfast
>> the last time we flew together.  Perfectly ordinary.  In my life anyway.
>> >>>

>> What's an "udon breakfast"? I seem to remember "udon" is a thin, pale
>> Japanese soup but don't remember more than that, and that may not have any
>> connection to this anyway.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> Udon are long thick noodles, usually served in soup, with lots of Stuff in.
> The Stuff varies.  Usually lots of veggies and some kind of protein, like
> egg, BBQ pork or "fish cake" [nicer than it sounds, chopped/formed/sliced
> seafood, related to imitation crab really].  Very substantial foundation for
> a busy working day!
>
> Selene

Ian of Oertha