[Sca-cooks] Dulce de Leche

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Thu May 14 19:31:53 PDT 2009

How I make it is . . .

1 can sweet and condensed milk - In the US it only comes in one size

Place the unopened can in a medium sauce pan.
Cover with water.
Over high heat bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and continue to simmer all day long continuing to replace the
water as it evaporates.
Remove from heat. Let cool. Open the can and spread it on bread! YUM!

I am sure there are instructions on how long it takes to become Dulce de
Leche but I don't know off the top of my head. I just do it all day long.

Eduardo