[Sca-cooks] Ruhlman's new book

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 11:43:38 PDT 2009

I ordered it off Amazon and got a substantial discount.  It's worth the money.  Understanding the ratios is kind of like having a stage magician show you how a card trick works.  My husband has been reaping the benefits of my reading as I've been trying things out.

Of course, I've enjoyed everything I've read by Ruhlman.  "The Making of a Chef" is one of the books my husband and I give our apprentices, even if their art isn't cookery.

Talana