[Sca-cooks] Smoking for preservation: was Smoker

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 06:54:23 PDT 2009

David/Cariadoc wrote:
Have you experimented with smoking as a method of preservation,
rather than only flavoring? I've wondered if it would be a useful way
of having meat at Pennsic without a cooler.

I haven't personally, but my apprentice has (and does).  He has taken chicken, beef, pork all to pennsic, hung them up in his shade fly then eaten them later.  He also has a period food preservation class on his website.
http://giles.freehostia.com/pantry.htm

Helewyse
I can direct queries to him as he is not on this list.