[Sca-cooks] Sugar free pecan pie recipe

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 14:28:53 PST 2009

Hi Aldyth,

I posted this recipe here two years ago, so I will post it again.  I and quite a few others have made it successfully.  My husband [and now my brother] is diabetic.  I have used Splenda in baking quite successfully.  I also like Pecan Pie that has PECANS.  Not just goo with a few pecans on the top.

Huette

Pecan Pie

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups brown sugar or heaping 1/2 cup brown sugar Splenda
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lb whole pecans

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar and the flour and mix well. Add the milk, vanilla and nuts. Pour into an unbaked 10" pie shell.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 min., then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 to 40 min. or until done.

I made one version of this for myself and my family. I made the Splenda version for Hroar, so that he wouldn't feel left out. Both versions turned out very well.