[Sca-cooks] hais

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:59:11 PDT 2009

Yes, particularly in the Arabic texts...either lamb tail fat or sesame oil.
When you get to other parts of the Middle East, they do use primarily olive
oil...and it is the unroasted sort.  I rarely find it in regular grocery
stores (Safeway, etc.) but find it often in gourmet grocery stores and in
Middle Eastern stores.  I've started using it occasionally in my every day
cooking because of the nice, sort of nutty flavor it brings.

Kiri