[Sca-cooks] Tavern Arrangements WAS An Andalusian Lunch at Red Dragon

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 1 16:19:12 PDT 2009

Ranvaig wrote:
>  I have no problems with our group helping out the other group, or
>  funding the costs for their lunch, the group needs help. I'd help
>  myself if I could.
>
>  But it doesn't seem right that they ask me to fund the lunch for our
>  event out of *my* pocket. I've cooked a feast and two lunches for
>  this group before, and never made a big profit, but never lost money
>  either. Normally I'd probably just buy everything and turn in the
>  receipts afterwards, but I'm fighting a layoff at work, and have been
>  only working 25 hours a week... I just don't have the money.

I know that for my first feast i was basically told to buy all the
food myself, then turn in the receipts to get reimbursed a month
later - and the feast was in December, generally an expensive month,
with holidays, gifts, potlucks, family, etc. I did it but i wasn't
happy. So the next year i asked for an advance. When i was exchequer
for the group i gave the cooks the basic budget, they turned in
receipts afterwards - if they spent more within reason, they were
reimbursed.

Is the group willing to give you any "seed" money that you can repay
after the lunch? If you explain your work situation, will they be
more sympathetic?
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita