[Sca-cooks] Tavern Arrangements WAS An Andalusian Lunch at Red Dragon

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 16:33:21 PDT 2009

In the past I've funded a feast out of my own pocket and later got reimbursed when I turned in the receipts. The Barony I live in now has quite a number of people who could not afford to do that. The Exchequer gives them an advance for the food costs, and the receipts are turned in and the numbers reconciled. When I was still recovering after having been laid off, I got an advance for doing a feast, and when we reconciled the receipts against the advance, I wrote a small check for the amount back to the barony... in essence, I came under budget for the feast.

If any local group's exchequer has an issue doing this, then a discussion should be had with the exchequer and the seneschal. There maybe some underlying issues, but at least everyone will be on the same page.

Euriol

 Euriol of Lothian, OP
Clerk, Order of the Pelican, Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Chronicler, Barony of Endless Hills

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."
-Robindranath Tagore, Poet/Playwright/Essayist 1913 Nobel Prize for Literature