[Sca-cooks] Turkish Food and Washington D.C.

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 2 06:44:57 PDT 2009

Greetings!  One of our Midrealm Laurels (Mistress Hauviette/Channon
Mondoux) just posted this and I wanted to share it with those of you
near Washington, D.C.

   Dear Friends of Chef Channon,
I receive requests to keep people up to date on my adventures; here are
two more exciting opportunities for me to share my love for ancient
cuisine;(you can also listen to the podcast NPR interview on "Here on
Earth" on my website www.rencuisine.com Jean Faraca (the host) is
amazing and made it so easy to talk about what I love to do- Kalamazoo
and Local Food were high on the discussion list)

Two events coming up in Washington D.C.-

      Middle East Institute (MEI) and American Turkish Association of
Washington, DC (ATA-DC) are pleased to present:
      Celebration at the Palace; Lecture on Turkish and 16th Century
Ottoman Cuisine and its interactions with Arab and Persian Cuisines
      By Chef Channon Mondoux of Renaissance Cuisine

      Wednesday, September 23
      6:30pm-8:00pm

      The Boardman Room
      Middle East Institute
      1761 N Street NW
      Washington , DC 20001

      Coffee and  period treats prepared by Chef Channon   will be served.
      For reservations, email: ask at atadc.org
      The event is a part of Turkish Cuisine and Restaurant Week
organized by ATA-DC. For more info visit: www.turkishrestaurantweekdc.org

The second event;

Celebration at the Sultan's Palace
Cooking Demonstration By Chef Channon Mondoux of Renaissance Cuisine
Monday, September 21, 2009
6:30pm-8:30pm
Sur La Table, Pentagon Row
1101 South Joyce St. Ste B-20
Arlington, VA 22202
Metro: Pentagon City Metro (Blue Line)
Tickets: $55

The price includes:
Preparation of Period Menu as explained
Tasting Portion of each Recipe performed (overall a meal)
Printed recipes from Demonstration
Definitions and history of food
Ancient techniques used in the Ottoman Palace during the time of Sultan
Suleyman the Magnificient
Helpful hints & shortcuts
Special Book Offer; Celebration at the Sarayi by Channon Mondoux- bonus
recipe and spice mix
15% off Sur La Table merchandise coupons for each guest

Sponsored by
www.turkishculturalfoundation.org
Organized by www.atadc.org
(visit www.turkishrestaurantweekdc.org to buy tickets)
   Limited space available  For questions, email: ask at atadc.org
Chef Channon
Renaissance Cuisine-
To sign up for our fun and informative newsletter go to

http://rencuisine.com/component/option,com_registration/task,register/

A New Way to Think About Dinner
www.rencuisine.com
269-547-0339