[Sca-cooks] Tavern Arrangements WAS An Andalusian Lunch

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:53:57 PDT 2009

We are rapidly approaching the finger pointing stage of this discussion.
This is my local group as well and I don't appreciate them being
painted as the bad guys in this issue.
Here is what the exchequer of the group recently posted to the LOCAL
list about this issue.

"As exchequer, let me give my view on this. If you want to spend group
money, grand, but there should be some plan for doing so and show what
we can expect as the outcome. You need a fencing helmet for the group,
it serves the group to help equip new fencers with loaner gear, money
well spent. You want to run a lunch counter and return a profit to the
group, you show the group how you will do it and voila, we write a
check and the group gets a return on the investment. Evereybody is
happy.

If I was unclear before, let me be clear now, Felice and Michael did
it right. They made a plan/budget and showed how we can make money
from it. I support this effort 100%

If someone steps up with a plan/budget in time for Red Dragon AND they
can make it work,AND the autocrat wants it at the event, I say we do
it. But time is running out. Perhaps Red Dragon would be better off
this year without the counter supported by the group."
---
Gwyneth