[Sca-cooks] Books was Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Apr 11 19:12:12 PDT 2010

The research library (i.e., the non-fiction) lives in a room in the
basement that used to be an office, the fiction is in the adjoining
man-cave, all happily on the concrete floor. The fiction is alphabetical
by author, the non-fiction is catalogued LoC. The cookbooks I use
frequently are upstairs in a bookcase next to the kitchen/living room
doorway, the rest of them are in the research library but uncatalogued.

My husband recently suggested that we might be running out of room for
books. I called him a godless heretic and pointed out that we have
plenty of space for more bookshelves--we don't really need that bedroom
furniture anyway. ;-)

/Margaret FitzWilliam