[Sca-cooks] Hello Back with some sources

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Apr 18 18:55:23 PDT 2010

Hi
Welcome to the list.

There's one very short collection of 51 recipes written in Latin and
Occitan. It's known as Modus viaticorum preparandarum. It's part of
this doctoral dissertation:

Carole Lambert, Trois réceptaires culinaires médiévaux: Les
Enseingnementz, les Doctrine et le Modus: édition critique et
glossaire détaillé. Dissertatio Universitatis Montis Regalis, 1989
The dissertation is in French.

I'd suggest starting with  Melitta Adamson's  Regional Cuisines of
Medieval Europe: a Book of Essays. 2002. It has a chapter in it with a
very good bibliography that addresses the south of France. The author
is Carole Lambert who did the dissertation mentioned above.

Also
Santich, Barbara.  The Original Mediterranean Cuisine: Medieval
Recipes for Today.  might be good to read also.

Occitian may appear under occitan.

Johnnae