[Sca-cooks] Wikipedia, Wikiversity, Wikibooks?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 25 15:29:13 PDT 2010

Back on April 6, Johnnae when a question about breading chicken was asked said:

<<< The wikipedia article tries to explain it all
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_chicken

Wikipedia has marked the entry as
"This article contains instructions, advice, or how-to content. The
purpose of Wikipedia is to present facts, not to train. Please help
improve this article either by rewriting the how-to content or by
moving it to Wikiversity or Wikibooks. (March 2010)"

Johnnae >>>

Maybe another librarian question...

I've used Wikipedia a few times and have in in my readily available links in my browser, but what are these "Wikiversity" and "Wikibooks" and what are their weak and strong points compared to Wikipedia and when are each of these best used?

It sounds like these are different projects from the same group and not competitors competing for the same audience.

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com