[Sca-cooks] Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:23:43 PDT 2010

> For the true oyster aficionado, there's only one way to go, and that's raw. They are rather richly ocean-flavored, and there's an essential communing-with-the-ocean experience that comes with eating them raw.

This is why I love them so much. The sudden rush of ocean... and all
the memories to go with it... I've always loved the ocean, its smell
especially, and they say smell is the sense most strongly linked with
memories.

But I digress. They're salty, and that's why, personnally, I won't eat
more than about 6 before going into salt overload. But the experience
is as much about smell as anything else; in fact, raw, they *look*
rubbery and wriggly, but they're really not, and once they're in your
mouth they mostly melt away. And while they have a flavour of their
own, they mostly taste like the ocean...