[Sca-cooks] OOP: Eating in Florence

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Fri Apr 9 08:13:52 PDT 2010

For a higher end experience (but not super expensive)Chingalle Bianco which
is on your side of the Arno down a side road just before the Ponti Vecchio
is great. On that same road (a little further down) is Mama Gia (or Gina's).
Also very nice. There is a GREAT Pizza lunch stand across the road from the
Medici Chapel and down a block on the corner! A bit vague but worth the trek
especially if you are already at the Medici Chapel which is sort of off the
beaten track. The is also an AMAZING little hole in the wall lunch counter
that ONLY had Italians in it when we were there but I would have to draw you
a picture and I don't remember the name of it.

What kind of food do you like?

The market is a great place to get lunch.

There are some fantastic Gelato places in Florence.

I have never really had a bad meal. The sandwich shops and small stop and
gos are good.

There is always the McDOnald's next to the train station! :)

Eduardo