[Sca-cooks] 10th-13th century Turkish was Sixteenth Century Turkish

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:12:39 PDT 2010

What I would have a tendency to do is to look at Byzantine cuisine.  There's
not a lot written about it, but there is the book, "Flavors of Byzantium" by
Andrew Dalby.  While it may not have actual recipes, it will give you an
idea of a direction to go in.

Kiri

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Ian Kusz <sprucebranch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Righto.  I'm actually trying to find out about the whole area; Turkey,
> Greece, Modern day Bulgaria (whatever it was called, at the time), and
> Macedonia/Croatia.  I think I can do Italy, on my own.  Lots of resources,
> there.  I'm looking for what would have been staples, what would have been
> luxury food, and the primary dietary differences.  If I traveled from one
> another, what would I have noticed?
>
> --
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince