[Sca-cooks] Drying Candied Orange Peels

aoife at cableone.net aoife at cableone.net
Wed Apr 28 09:54:25 PDT 2010

I am planning on doing a small test batch of orange peels.
There are a goodly number of recipes but there are a number
of different opinions as to the length of drying time.
Therefore I decided to ask the "experts", namely YOU!

Would one (or more) of you give me a hint as to an "ideal" time and
how you store them?  I live on the northern edge of Ansteorra.
I do not expect this batch to last long but I do plan to make
more for an event this Fall.  Will they keep well in baggies...
in refigerator or in cool dry spot?  Any tips would be appreciated.

Aoife of Chemin Noir