[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Cookin'

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Aug 22 16:48:53 PDT 2010

>So what did people cook at Pennsic or enjoy foodwise at the War this year?
>I've been away but
>I haven't seen any posts that talked about food at the War.
>
>Johnnae

We had been planning on our standard  Pennsic dinner for the
encampment--A Disk of Lentils (13th c. Andalusian), Rishta (13th
middle eastern), rice and Murakabba. But we were hot and tired and
have done it many times before, so ended up doing no cooking at all.

I did, however, bring with me bread of Abu Hamsa, Quince Preserves,
and pickled eggplant, all from al-Warraq and all providing food that
keeps and doesn't need to be cooked. We also had sausage, cheese,
peaches, apples, melon, ...  .
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com