[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 56, Issue 15

brooke white traumspindel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 05:06:26 PST 2010

as far as I know there is evidence of spiceboxes in period which seem to be
varnished (don't ask me about the varnis itself) wood boxes like these
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31C3s%2BNLTPL.jpg
I don't know the proper english name, but you can get them at Michels, for
example. even better but rather pricey are brichbark boxes. Thos lovely
things are available in all kinds of optics (ebay has a few sellers but
there are also a few in germany) you can get those in all sizes. The
birchbark, will keep pests out and even mildew spores and such. In birchbark
containers my (baked with no preservatives) bread keeps for a little over a
week.
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/alaskan-gifts-and-furs/russian-birch-bark-box-small-round-assortment
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31C3s%2BNLTPL.jpg
YIS