[Sca-cooks] French feast suggestion?

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 22:01:50 PST 2010

Every year for Christmas I cook a really nice dinner for select friends.
I work on making it something special to end the year and celebrate friends
as well as my lady's birthday.

We are hoping to take a two week trip to France this year, travelling to several
regions and getting a lot of behind the scenes work with vinters and cooks all
through the country. So, in honor of our hoped for adventure, I'm going to do a
French meal.

So far my plans are:

Pate' Terrine
Cheese wafers
Soupe l'onion au gratin
Salad frissee avec Dijon vinegarette
Sautee'd confit sein de canard (Pan seared confit of duck breast)
Tarte Tatin avec Creme Angalis
Birthday cake.

My problem is that I want another meat and some kind of side but I really
can't figure what to add.
Any suggestions?

Gunthar