[Sca-cooks] Beer in food

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 05:28:55 PST 2010

Even the Amish are getting in on the act.  We went to the Amish Market in
Upper Marlboro, MD where, at the candy counter, we found chocolate-covered
bacon!

Have a great Christmas everyone...I'm signing off at this point and probably
won't have a lot to say until after the first of the year.  I hope each of
you has a wonderful holiday season...and a New Year full of peace and joy!

Kiri

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> Johnnae quoted:
> <<<General Mills or Betty Kitchens--
>
> the company draws inspiration from an upswing
> in the popularity of so-called dude food, includes beer, bacon and
> Bisquick, a General Mills brand." >>>
>
> Maybe if there is an "and" statement between each of those foods.
>
> But adding beer or ale to foods goes back to at least medieval times.
>
> beer-in-food-msg (32K) 2/ 9/08 Period recipes with beer or ale in them.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/beer-in-food-msg.html
>
> Stefan
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince