[Sca-cooks] Menu ideas?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 24 12:54:41 PST 2010

On Dec 24, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:

> We have a leg of lamb planned for tomorrow, but I'm looking for ideas
> tonight. I just called a friend of mine with whom my mother and I used
> to spend Christmas Eve many years ago, when I was in HS, and it
> occurred to me it might be fun to make up a fancier mneal again, ton
> ight for supper.
>
> We have cubed steak we want to use. We've recently used it to make
> Stroganoff, so we don't quite want that, Rob makes chicken fried steak
> often, so we don't want that either,  and we have a pretty good stash
> of spices and the like, as well as the ability to run out and pick up
> something else if we need it. I also have chickens, so we have a
> pretty good stash of very fresh eggs to use.
>
> So, any suggestions? Preferably with favorite recipes?

I confess to having a great weakness for chicken fried steak, but it's also good smothered in onions, and back before my spouse acquired various allergies, we used to marinate them with garlic, lime juice and chiles, then egg-wash, bread-crumb and fry them in olive oil.

They also make good rouladen, filled with any of a variety of stuffings from ground meat to bread crumbs to rice, braised...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter