[Sca-cooks] xmas dinner and loot

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 26 15:28:46 PST 2010

Xmas dinner:  an excellent roasted pork loin with a sugar-based spicy
rub, which came out very tender and good.  Latkes, to balance the
scales, and smashed potatoes.  Apple/pineapple salad [NOT ambrosia],
baked apples, a simple but wonderful Nutella & wafer torte, and
gingerbread redshirts.

My only actual kitchen loot was the Starship Enterprise Pizza Cutter;
my lord's son is obsessed with the "ThinkGeek" merchants but then again,
we all are.  There was the Kindle from my family for my birthday a
couple weeks ago, that counts for the public-domain cookery material
I've downloaded, such as Beeton etc.

Cheers,
Selene