[Sca-cooks] Redactions for SCA use?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:51:25 PST 2010

I don't know about others, but if I'm given credit for doing the redaction,
I have no problem with your passing on my work...in fact, I'd consider it a
compliment!  I only ask that, if it's published in a newsletter, I be sent a
copy of the newsletter.

Kiri

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Jim and Andi Houston <jimandandi at cox.net>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>

> Our Baroness has issued a challenge for an upcoming local Barony holiday
> potluck. She wants to see as many people bring medieval food as possible.
> As
> the Barony's A&S officer (and the person who's been championing this idea
> the whole way) I have offered to provide a wide range of already-redacted
> recipes for people to choose from. Many people are interested in
> participating but feel they can't redact recipes from period manuscripts. I
> want to make this as painless as possible, since the whole point is to
> entice more people to try cooking period dishes. These dishes will not be
> "judged" in any way.
>

> My biggest concern right now is violating copyright. I know that posting
> links on our Barony's website to sites like the Miscellany is okay. What
> about printing off recipes and distributing them at meetings? Is it okay if
> I include where I got the recipe? Do I need to ask permission for each and
> every recipe?
>

> Let me know what you all think.
>
> Madhavi

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince