[Sca-cooks] OOP: coffee grinders

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 9 14:19:07 PST 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Gretchen Beck wrote:

> --On Thursday, December 09, 2010 1:59 PM -0800 freyja <freyja7777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can "clean" your spice grinder further after wiping out by running
>> it with white rice to pick up more of the oils.  Still, don't put
>> anything in your one dedicated for coffee beans!!
>>
>> -Kitta
>
> I don't know -- I like my coffee tasting of spices. OTOH, I don't like my spices tasting of coffee...

Well, there was that time I ground a whole lot of mustard seed, cleaned out the spice grinder as best I could without immersing it, and then my wife found that the actual coffee grinder had died, so she used this other one she found sitting on the counter...

That was pretty exciting...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter